Skin of Color Symposium 2017: Bench to Bedside
November 10-12, 2017
Lansdowne Resort and Spa, Leesburg, VA
Poster Abstract Submission
Residents, fellows and medical students are invited to submit abstracts of their work for the poster session at the 2017 Skin
of Color Symposium Poster Exhibit. Please review the Guidelines and Selection Process and use the online submission form below.
The SOCS scientific review panel will evaluate these abstracts based on scientific merit and originality. The most meritorious
poster awardees will have the opportunity to present their work during the general session on Saturday or Sunday (5-7 min
presentations, up to 8 abstracts will be selected for oral presentation).
NEW THIS YEAR!
Rising Stars Travel Grant Competition - The authors of the abstracts selected for oral presentation will EACH be awarded a
travel grant that will cover 2 nights stay at the Lansdowne Resort and travel expenses (coach airfare, mileage
Abstract deadline is September 1, 2017
- Abstracts must be written in English
- The abstract body should include purpose of the study, methods used, summary of the results and conclusion reached.
- The abstract word count should not exceed 250, and the number of authors listed should not exceed 10.
- Please do NOT include references and credits, or articles in the abstract.
- Use standard abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears and note.
- You must indicate the subject category your abstract most closely represents in:
- Disorders of Pigmentation
- Hidradenitis suppurativa
- Skin Cancer
- Disparities in Dermatology
- Diversification of Dermatology Workforce
- Abstract submission deadline is September 1, 2017.
- Abstracts will be published as submitted. Proof and edit your submission accordingly.
- Applicant must be registered for the conference prior to submitting abstract.
- Applicant must complete all required fields of the Abstract Submission form. Please click the submit button only once.
- Applicant must provide (at the time of abstract submission) any real or perceived conflict of interest pertaining to his/her presentation.
If Your Submission is Selected
- Members of program committee will evaluate and rank abstracts based on scientific merit and originality.
- Notification of submission acceptance or rejection will be emailed by October 15, 2017.
- Upon acceptance, additional information will be provided regarding the preparation and presentation of your poster.
- Abstracts will also be included on the Skin of Color Symposium web app.
- For additional information concerning abstract submissions, or if you are unable to complete an online submission please contact the Skin of Color Symposium office at 770-613-0932 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit an abstract, please complete the following form: ( * = Required Fields )
- Presenter is solely responsible for the content of the poster and for presenting the poster at the meeting. All authors must approve poster.
- Presenter must disclose whether or not any device or treatment mentioned in the poster is considered to be investigational or is approved by the FDA.
- Presenter must disclose any use of off‐label devices, drugs, or other materials in the subject of the presentation.
- Selected posters must be displayed onsite during the activity, 8AM Saturday, November 11 – 12PM Sunday, November 12.
- The posters MUST be 45-48" wide x 33-36" high, no larger, no smaller. The poster boards are similar to the image below. The board face is 8 feet wide x 4 feet high and stand on legs 3 feet from the floor. There will be 2 posters per board face.
- All financial relationships and disclosures should be clearly displayed on your poster.
- It is recommended that text be a dark color on a light background. The judges have commented that text printed on dark backgrounds are very difficult to read.